Scratches in your favorite glassware can be a ghastly site to see, but learning how to remove scratches from glass is not a next to impossible task. Rest assured, with this simple guide you can get your favorite glass pieces looking beautiful again, and it will not cost you an arm and a leg to remove scratches.
Supplies needed to remove scratches from glass:
- Iron Oxide, otherwise known as Jewelers Rouge
- A polishing pad (for best results use a pad made of lamb’s wool)
- Regular old tap water
- Paper towels
- Face mask and safety glasses.
Steps to remove scratches from glass:
- With face mask on clean your glass with one tablespoon of ammonia, and 1/2 cup of tap water. Use the paper towels to wash the glass with the ammonia water mix. This is to prepare the glass to remove scratches.
- Dry the glass with a fresh paper towel. If no paper towel is available use any cloth that does not have lint or hair on it. (An old shirt cut up works great.)
- Take Iron Oxide, or Jewelers Rouge, and put on all visible scratches. This process will be almost completely effective when used to remove scratches in the glass.
- Using the polishing pad, buff out all scratches until clean. If needed repeat with more Jewelers Rouge.
While using Ammonia do not use any other household chemical. Some chemical mixtures are fatal, particularly the mixture of ammonia and bleach. Take caution not to get any chemicals in your eyes. Keep all chemicals out of reach of children; if ingested, do not induce vomiting–call for medical help immediately.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …