All dedicated guitar players need to know how to remove scratches in guitar finish. Getting scratches in your guitar finish is a common occurrence that can be alleviated. If you are tired of looking at those nicks in your guitar finish, then read on to learn how to remove scratches in guitar finish.
To remove scratches in guitar finish, you will need:
- Scratch-x car polish
- Several soft cloths
- Wood filler
- Clear nail polish
- Fine-grain sandpaper
- Guitar lacquer the same color as guitar body
- Buff it. Use the Scratch X to polish the guitar body as your first attempt at learning how to remove scratches in guitar finish. Apply with a soft fabric, and then rub it with a separate cloth multiple times. Minor scratches are fixed instantly using this technique, but if your nicks are a little deeper keep reading.
- Fill the scraped areas. Plug the scratches with clear nail polish or a wood filler. Apply directly to the slit and let dry.
- Take out the bumps. Use a fine-grained sandpaper to smooth out the areas that you previously plugged. Creating a level surface is essential when learning how to remove scratches in guitar finish.
- Paint it. Apply a guitar lacquer where you applied the filler to make for a smoother finish.
- Do the finishing steps. Apply a sealer. After the lacquer has dried, polish the area to a shiny finish.
That's it! You have successfully learned how to remove scratches in your guitar finish. Well done! Now can rock out, and show off your scratch-free guitar to all your friends. Just be careful not to scratch it again!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.