Even the most well behaved dogs have accidents, which is why all dog owners should know how to remove set in dog urine from carpet. Even urine that has soaked through the carpet and into the padding can be effectively removed, if you know the proper technique. In this article, you will learn how to remove set in dog urine from carpet, and completely remove pet odor caused by urine.
To remove set in dog urine from carpet you will need:
- Paper towels
- Enzyme based pet odor remover
- Plastic garbage bag or tarp (do not use anything with lettering, as it will transfer onto the carpet)
In order to properly remove set in dog urine from carpet, you must be sure that you are using an enzyme based pet odor remover. Pet urine is a protein based substance, and it cannot be removed with standard cleaning supplies. Enzyme based products will help to break down the protein and eliminate the scent.
Once you are certain that you are using an enzyme based pet odor remover, follow these instructions to learn how to remove set in dog urine from carpet:
- Blot the urine. Using paper towels, blot up the urine from the carpet. Blot the carpet, turn the paper towel, blot the carpet, turn the paper towel, etc. You want to always be using a clean area of the paper towel as you blot. DO NOT RUB! Continue blotting the carpet until urine no longer shows on the paper towels.
- Apply the enzyme based product. Very generously apply the enzyme based product to your carpet. The key in learning how to remove set in dog urine from carpet, is to saturate the area with the enzyme based pet odor remover. You want the carpet to be soaked.
- Cover the carpet. Take a plastic garbage bag or tarp and cover up the saturated carpet. The plastic bag will do two things. It will keep the carpet from drying out, and it will prevent anyone from stepping on the area and transferring dirt from their shoes.
- Let it sit. Keep the carpet covered for at least 24 hours. Since it is so saturated, it may take up to 48 hours to dry. Be patient and do NOT lift the plastic away from the carpet.
- Allow it to air dry. Remove the plastic and allow the area to finish air drying. To speed the process along, you may want to point a fan at the carpet or open up a few windows. Do not let anyone walk on the carpet during this time.
- Vacuum. Once the carpet is completely dry, you can vacuum the area. At this point, you should no longer smell any urine odor as it should be completely removed from the carpeting.
As you can see, learning how to remove set in dog urine from carpet is a time consuming task, however it is not difficult. It is worth the time it takes to effectively remove the pet urine odor because if you don't, your dog will continue to relieve himself in the same spot.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."