If you need to learn how to remove Silly Putty from couches, then you have come to the right place! We all know playing with Silly Putty is fun. Perhaps it wouldn't be wrong to term Silly Putty as one of the most favorite toys EVER. The only drawback here is that the unique playing substance sticks easily to fabrics, blankets, couches, and sometimes hair, giving us a real hard time trying to get it off. True, Silly Putty stains are very hard to remove and can be very annoying. But the good news is that you can actually remove Silly Putty from couches. All you need is a couple products you'll find lying in the kitchen, and your Silly Putty stains will be as good as gone!
Things You'll Need
- Butter Knife
- WD-40 (lubricant for car parts)
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Cleaning cloth
Butter Knife Use a butter knife to remove as much silly putty as you can. Wipe the knife clean every time you remove the synthetic substance with it. This keeps silly putty from spreading on to other parts of the couch.
- WD-40 Apply a WD-40 spray on the stain for about five minutes. You may use any other lubricant so long as it does not leave behind its own stains.
- Remove Start removing the remaining putty with the butter knife again.
- Cloth Use a cleaning cloth to wipe off the WD-40 along with silly putty residue from your couch.
- Vinegar Sprinkle vinegar to take on any remnant stains. Vinegar is very effective against silly putty stains, especially if the discoloration is stubborn and doesn't go away easily.
- Rubbing Alcohol Apply rubbing alcohol on the stained area of the couch to pull out silly putty from it. Use a cloth to absorb the dampness and silly putty stains.
- Dry Allow the couch to dry for half an hour or so. Silk couches dry quickly whereas thick fabric takes relatively longer.
- Do not use a cutting knife, as it may tear the fabric of the couch
- Do not dry off your couch in sunlight, as the color of fabric may fade away.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.