Need to know how to remove sofa smells? If you have a sofa in your basement, or yours has just gotten dirty over time, you will want to learn how to remove the smell from a sofa. There are a few ways to go about this and you may need to use several of them. Before you follow these steps, make sure that each is safe for your specific sofa to avoid damage.
To remove sofa smells, you will need:
- A steam cleaner
- A vacuum
- A fabric freshener
- Begin by vacuuming the entire couch. This can help with the smell, as well as getting it ready for other steps.
- If there is just a little bit of a smell, you may be able to just spray some fabric freshener on the couch. If not, continue with the other steps.
- Steam cleaning can be very effective. If you do not have a steam cleaner, you can rent one or borrow one. Make sure to use the right cleaning solution mixture in the cleaner. Remove any cushions and clean them separately.
- Steam clean the entire couch to prevent water spots. You will also be able to remove most of the smell that way.
- Allow the cushions to dry before putting them back on. It can help to use fans or open windows to help dry them faster.
- Once the sofa is dry, you can put it back together. Make sure it is completely dry though, otherwise it will develop a smell again quickly.
- You can use fabric fresheners to remove smells between cleanings now. You might consider using sofa covers if you have pets or children, too.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.