If you made a mistake or have gotten a little too spray-happy, you may need to know how to remove spray paint. You may want to refinish furniture or you may have gotten vandalized. Whatever the case may be at one point in time you will want to know how to remove spray paint. Removing spray paint is a bit different than removing a latex type of paint. Latex is a water base and is much easier to remove than spray paint.
To remove spray paint, you will need:
- A commercial paint remover (lacquer thinner, paint stripper, etc)
- Rubber gloves
- A pressure washer
- Blasting mask
- Blasting gloves
- Denatured alcohol
- The pressure washer. Start by trying to remove the spray paint with the least abrasive measures. A pressure washer simple uses water and detergent to remove the spray paint. The heat and the pressure from the pressure washer is often enough to remove the spray paint.
- The sandpaper. Some areas of spray paint might be able to be removed with sandpaper. Gently rub the sandpaper back and forth. Start applying more pressure to remove the spray paint.
- Commercial paint removers and denatured alcohol. Be sure to put on rubber gloves and a mask before using any chemical solvents. You may need to use the commercial paint removers even if the spray paint has been removed by the methods mentioned above. There may be a residue left behind that will need to be removed with one of the chemical removers.
- The sandblaster. When all else fails when trying to remove spray paint use a sandblaster. The sandblaster will chip away at the spray paint until it is gone. However the sandblaster may cause damage so use carefully.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.