How To Remove A Tick
You will need to learn how to remove a tick if you find one on yourself or your pet. Ticks are external parasites that feed on the blood of their hosts. During this process, a tick can transmit a disease to the unsuspecting host. Some of these diseases include Lyme Disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and Colorado Tick Fever. Learning how to remove a tick the correct way will reduce the chances of contracting one of these diseases.
You will need these items to remove a tick:
- Latex gloves
- Rubbing alcohol
- Cotton ball
- Tiny jar
Follow these steps to remove a tick:
- Put on a pair of latex gloves. This will protect your hands as you prepare to remove the tick.
- Place a pair of tweezers as close to the skin as you can so they are surrounding the tick.
- Squeeze the tweezers on the tick at the base of your skin and pull upward. Do this slow and steady, without rotating in any directions.
- Pour some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and wipe it across the area where the tick was embedded in to the skin. This will disinfect the area.
- Wash the area where you removed the tick with soap and water.
- Place the tick in a tiny jar of rubbing alcohol. You can keep the tick until you are sure that you have not gotten any diseases from it.
Do not try to burn the tick out by lighting a match. You could burn yourself, and you will increase the chance that the tick will get annoyed and release some of his saliva in to your body.