Learning how to remove a tongue ring is important if you have an infection, or you need to clean your jewelry. The Academy of General Dentistry recommends that you remove your tongue ring each night before bed so that you can brush it like you do your teeth to keep it clean.
You will need the following items to remove a tongue ring:
- Antiseptic mouthwash
- Antibacterial soap
- Paper towel
Follow these steps to remove a tongue ring:
- Wash your mouth out with antiseptic soap. This will get rid of the germs in your mouth before you remove the ring. That will help prevent an infection.
- Wash your hands with antibacterial soap. This will get rid of the germs on your hands before you stick them in your mouth to remove a tongue ring.
- Stick your tongue out as far as you can.
- Hold the top of your tongue ring with your left hand and unscrew the ball at the bottom of the tongue ring. If you are left handed, you will want to switch hands. You must turn the ball counter-clockwise to unscrew it.
- Pull it straight up and out to remove a tongue ring.
Tongue rings take four to six weeks to become completely healed. You should not remove a tongue ring during this time or your hole will close up. If your tongue is infected around the tongue ring, seek medical attention right away before you try to remove it. Tongue rings can chip your teeth.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?