With a few key ingredients and some preparation, knowing how to remove tree sap from a car can be a simple procedure. If you have ever parked your car under a tree and noticed tree sap on the finish, this can be a frustrating thing to behold. This can also happen after finding the perfect Christmas tree, securing it safely to the top of your car or SUV and getting home, only to find the sticky ooze has been leaked onto your car finish. By quickly and completely removing the tree sap from the car, you can prevent any permanent damage this gooey ooze may cause. Here are some simple steps and products that will help you to remove tree sap from your car.
Items that you will need:
- Soft rag or cloth.
- Tree Sap removing compound. "Bug, Asphalt, and Tree Sap Remover" is one commercially available product that may be useful.
- Pour a bit of the sap dissolving compound onto the rag. You can use a shop cloth, terry towel or even and old tee-shirt.
- Hold the sap removing compound onto the spot for a few seconds. This will allow the compound to be absorbed into the sap for easier removal.
- Dab and gently rub the spot. Dab the spot and rub it using a rolling motion to lift and remove the tree sap spot from the finish. Do not use a lot of pressure or a back and forth rubbing / scrubbing motion. Let the tree sap removing compound do the work.
- Clean and polish your car. Once you have the tree sap stain removed, then you can wash your car as usual and follow up with a coat of wax for protection.
Other popular or different cleansers for removing tree sap from a car.
- Use WD-40 to remove tree sap. WD-40 is a popular lubricant but is also effective for loosening and removing tree sap. Spray WD-40 onto the tree sap and allow soaking for a few minutes. Then, using a soft cloth removes the WD-40 and the sap.
- Using baking soda to remove tree sap from a car. Mix baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply this paste to the tree sap area of the car and clean with a cloth.
Knowing how to remove tree sap from a car is a simple task that can save time and money for any car owner. The next time you get home with the perfect tree and see the tree sap spots on the finish, don’t fret; these can be removed quickly and easily.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.