If you have children, pets, or incontinent grandparents living in your house, you may have to know how to remove urine stains from a couch. Don't worry about replacing a soiled couch because it can be cleaned. Grab a few items before the stain sets, and get to work to remove urine stains.
What you will need to remove urine stains from a couch:
- Fabric cleaner spray
- Find the stains immediately. Don't leave the stain to clean at a later time. It will be more difficult to remove urine stains if you let them set in the fabric of the couch. Important: The smell of urine spreads quickly, so open a window to air out the room.
- Spray the stain with the fabric cleaner spray. Saturate the stain with the spray. Read the instructions on the back for the optimal amount of time to let the cleaning solution settle in order to remove urine stains.
- Clean the stain with the cloth. Rub the stain in a circular motion with the cloth. Clean the area delicately to avoid creating pills on the couch fabric. If the couch fabric has a visible grain pattern, work along the grain.
- Let the wet spot dry. Allow the couch to dry after you remove urine stains. Do not sit anything on top of this area. Dab the area with a towel to speed up the drying process.
- See if the stain is gone. After the stain is dry, smell the fabric. If you can still smell urine, clean the area again. Continue cleaning the area until the stain is gone. If you don't, the smell of urine will linger in the room.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …