Have you ever thrown away a favorite pair of undies because you didn't know how to remove urine stains from underwear? There are several simple and easy ways to remove urine stains from underwear forever! Below are some washing methods that use ordinary household products that most of us have in our homes. Prior to using one of the products below, you will need to prewash the garment. Remember, urine stains are easier to remove when they are fresh.
To remove urine stains from underwear, you will need:
- Your favorite dish soap.
- A scrubbing brush
- Alcohol, baking soda, vinegar, shampoo or bleach
- First, pour about one teaspoon of your favorite dish washing soap directly on the urine stain. Try to scrub as much as possible out of the garment. Make sure to use cold water. Hot water will set the stain. Pick one cleaning solution and follow its instructions.
- When using alcohol, pour one tablespoon directly on the stain. Let it sit for ten to twenty minutes. Then, launder as usual.
- Baking soda works on some stains, especially children's urine. If baking soda does not remove all adult urine stains, make a thick paste with a little water and rub into the stains you want to remove. Baking soda is particularly good for removing urine stains from underwear that is made out of cotton.
- To clean your underwear with vinegar, pour about a teaspoon full on the urine stains. Let sit for about fifteen minutes, then rinse thoroughly. If the stain persists, try mixing a tablespoon of baking soda with a teaspoon of vinegar to make a paste. Rub into the urine stains and let sit for ten minutes. Rinse clean before washing.
- Believe it or not, shampoo will remove urine stains from underwear. Think about it: shampoo is used to wash sweat, body oils and dirt from hair. Rub a teaspoon of shampoo on the urine stains, scrub, rinse completely and wash.
- When using bleach, use caution because it not only removes stains, it will remove any color it comes in contact with. You may want to use an apron if you go with this option. Mix bleach with water. Use one part bleach to ten parts water. Dab the bleach solution on the urine stains and stand there (I'm not kidding) until the stains disappear. This should be about ten seconds. Do not leave bleach solution on stained underwear longer than fifteen seconds. Not only will your urine stains disappear, but your underpants will disappear as well. Warning: never mix bleach with other cleaning products, especially vinegar. When bleach and vinegar are mixed together their properties change and produce a poisonous gas!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …