How To Renew Ip Address
It may be extremely helpful for you to know how to renew an IP Address. After moving your computer or if you experience an power outage at your home or business, a problem has occured, which requires you to release and renew an IP Address. Following the steps below will first release an IP Address and then renew an IP Address on a Vista Operating System. If you are not successful in gaining access to the internet, try the tips listed below. If all else fails you may need to contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance.
To renew your IP address, you will need:
- A Vista operating system
- Click on the "Start" button, “All Programs” and “Accessories.” Then select and right-click on “Command prompt,” and select “Run as Administrator.” Click on continue and the command prompt window will display.
- On the command prompt windows, Type "ipconfig /release," and press "Enter." This releases your computers current IP addresses.
- Then Type "ipconfig /renew" and press "Enter." This assigns your computer a new set of IP addresses.
- Type Exit" and press "Enter" to close the window. You computer now has a new IP address.
- If the above steps don't resolve your connectivity issue, unplug your modem and/or router for a few seconds and then repeat the process.
- The command "ipconfig" reveals the IP address assigned to your computer. If you have more than one connection to your computer (i.e. having both a wireless and LAN network card) the command "ipconfig /all" reveals all your assigned IP addresses.