If you've recently decided to go into the catering business, but you can't afford a new catering truck, you'll need to learn about how to renovate a used catering truck to get it ready for service. You'll need to be able to pass inspection with the used catering truck before you will be allowed to put it into service. Follow these steps to renovate a used catering truck.
What you'll need:
- A used catering truck
- used or new catering equipment
- floor tile and supplies to install it
- cleaning equipment and supplies
- Cleaning the truck. Clean the inside of the used catering truck well. Make sure to get into every nook and cranny and clean every inch of the inside of the used catering truck that you are renovating. When inspection time comes, cleanliness will be a huge factor.
- Replace the flooring. If the used catering truck has carpet, tear it out and clean the floor really well. Pick a tile that will be easy to clean and install the new tile in the used catering truck that you are renovating.
Cleaning the used equipment. If you are going to be reinstalling used equipment in the truck, clean the equipment well. Be sure to only Install catering equipment that will run on propane, that way it will not be necessary to look for an electrical hook-up at your catering site.
- Layout. Arrange the equipment in an efficient manner when installing it inside the used catering truck, so that when working quickly at your catering job, a minimum of steps will be taken between areas. Allow for easy access to the propane shut-off valve for each piece of equipment. Mount the propane bottles on the outside of the catering truck.
- Inspection. Contact the appropriate office and set up an inspection for the renovated used catering truck. If the truck passes the inspection, then a license will be issued to you and you will be ready to purchase food and begin your catering service.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
Liev Schreiber Is a Bit Nicer Than Ray Donovan
With Season 2 underway, the actor explains how he relates to the nefarious character he plays.
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Game of Thrones bloopers, sex geckos and more conversation starters for any social situation.