If you are looking to rent an apartment or house with bad credit in Los Angeles, here are a few simple tips you can follow to help improve your chances of being accepted.
To rent in Los Angeles with bad credit you will need:
- Funds for a deposit and first month's rent
- Funds for application fee
- Find a property that you like. You may have to look at numerous properties before you find a landlord that will rent to you with bad credit, but don't get discouraged. Keep looking.
- Make an appointment to visit with the landlord.
- Dress well to make a good first impression.
- Bring references with you from work, friends etc. Having someone vouch for you financially will help the negative effect of any credit report.
- If you have outstanding payments on your credit report pay them off. Make sure to ask for a letter stating that the amounts have been paid in full so you can show it to potential landlords..
- Be honest with the landlord, especially if you are trying to improve your credit situation.
- Fill out the application correctly and hand it in to the landlord.
- Write your own letter to the proposed new landlord explaining your situation and what steps you are taking to improve it. The landlord knowing that you are taking positive action may be more lenient towards you.
- Have another person available to co –sign your lease if needed. Remember that this person will have to undergo a credit check. They will also be left owing the rental amount if you skip out of the agreement.
- Be prepared for the deposit. Realize that if you do get the apartment or home with your bad credit, the landlord may ask you to pay a higher deposit or even more months in advance.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.