Knowing how to repair a digital piano keyboard comes in handy. Digital piano keyboards come from many manufacturers on several continents. They also come all types, sizes, and levels of complexity. There is no single prescription for repairing them but there are two main types of difficulties that are most common. These are broken keys and short circuits in the primary power cord. Let’s explore each of these difficulties and how to fix them.
To repair a digital piano keyboard you will need:
- Electrical tape
- Replacement keys, pressure pads and switches
- Replacement power supply and power cables
- Remove damaged keys to evaluate them for replacement. The most common problem is that the physical key portion becomes dislodged and it hangs in a position that isn’t flush to the electrical keypad. When this happens, you press the key but it doesn’t make any sound. The best way to deal with this situation is to remove the physical key entirely. Under it you should see a small switch portion that is probably rounded and grey colored. Often there will be a protruding cylindrical portion that fits into the bottom of top key portion. Sometimes dirt can become trapped in the bottom of the key and ruin the flush connection. Normally all you have to do is remove it completely, clean it and place it flush with the electrical switch underneath. This will handle most broken keys. If you don’t have any broken keys proceed to step 2.
- Use your screwdrivers to open the main body of the keyboard. Check for broken parts, dislodged electrical components or other obviously damaged equipment. If you see anything broken off, call the manufacturer number in your manual for shipping information. They can replace or repair this type of damage.
- Check the power cable and power supply for short circuits or fraying. The power cable is a commonly damaged piece of equipment on keyboards, laptops, desktops and tons of other mobile electrical devices. The first thing to do is to assess the level of damage. If your cord is only slightly frayed, you may opt for electrical tape. Please note that electrical tape is a temporary measure and you should order a replacement main power cable from the manufacturer. If your main power cable is heavily damaged, discontinue use of the keyboard until another cable arrives by mail from the manufacturer. Electrical tape should never be used as insulation. When your new power cable arrives, open your keyboard’s main body. You will see where the main power cable attaches to the board’s power supply. This particular procedure varies, but make sure when you order new parts that you purchase the right combination of parts for your problem. Close your keyboard after the repair is completed and replace all screws.
This completes repairing the most common problems with electrical keyboard appliances. If you have additional questions about this process, please direct them to the manufacturer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …