If you want to know how to repair an Emerson TV that won’t come on, you may have to get some outside help. There are many things that can go wrong with a television that are beyond fixing without replacement parts or professional know-how. If you are unable to determine why an Emerson TV that won’t come on is not working, try to find your warranty information, to see if you are covered for repairing or replacing the TV.
Things You May Need:
- Warranty information
- Customer service number where you bought the TV
- Call the customer service department of the store where you bought the TV. Tell the representative that you need to repair an Emerson TV that won’t come on. Find out how to go about getting the store to repair your Emerson TV, and see what the rate is for the labor. If the store has your purchase information on their computer, they may be able to tell you if the warranty coverage is still in effect.
- If you do not want to use the store for repairs, consult with a TV repair shop. Look in your local phone book to find a TV repair store in your area. Tell the shop owner that you are trying to repair an Emerson TV that won’t come on, and see if they service that brand. Ask the owner if they will give you a free estimate on what it will cost to get the TV fixed, and set up a time to take your Emerson TV to their repair shop.
- Once you have the estimate from the repair shop, see if you can find the replacement parts online. If the estimate includes an itemized list of what needs to be fixed for your Emerson TV that won’t come on, you may be able to get the parts yourself for a better price than what the TV repair shop is charging. Their repair estimate may also have labor costs built into the parts price, so it is a good idea to try and locate the parts online to save yourself a few bucks.
- If you are unable to find the parts for your Emerson TV, you may want to compare repair shops. Call another TV repair shop and get an estimate on your Emerson TV that won’t come on. Once you decide which shop to use, find out what kind of guarantee they offer for their repair services. You do not want to have the same problem reoccur down the road, so make sure the guarantee is long enough for you to be comfortable using the shop to fix your Emerson TV.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…