If you're a frequent cycler, you need to learn how to repair the gauge on a bicycle pump. When the gauge on a bicycle pump starts acting up, it's usually another part of the pump that's having difficulty functioning rather than the gauge itself. The following guide will teach you hot to repair the entire bicycle pump to ensure that the gauge and the pump are working smoothly.
To repair the gauge on a bicycle pump, you will need:
- A wrench
- A screwdriver
- Remove the air gauge and the pump hose from the bicycle pump. You will need to use a wrench to remove the gauge.
- Remove any springs or small parts from inside the gauge and set them aside. Make a note of how the parts fit together, because each pump is unique and you need to be able to put all the pieces together in the same order.
- Use a screwdriver or hex wrench to remove the retaining collar from the pump. This should free both the handle slide and the collar.
- Look inside the pump and inspect the gasket. If it looks damaged, you will need to contact the manufacturer and order a replacement part. This may be all you need to do to repair the gauge on your bicycle pump. If the gasket looks fine, continue to step 5.
- Submerge the hose of the pump in water and observe any air bubbles. These bubbles may indicate holes in the hose. If the hose has holes, you will need to order a new one and replace it.
- In order to make sure your bicycle pump is fully repaired, wipe off the old grease on the stand and base. Apply a new layer of grease.
Reassemble your bicycle pump and the gauge and entire pump should now be repaired.
Jesse Van Kuijk isn’t so concerned about gas prices. He doeesn’t need to be. He’s got a pedal-powered plane that he buil ...
This seems like it’s custom-built gadget for a hipster-packed fixie bike cruise around the city. Put Pandora on a statio ...
The Elliptigo is a hybrid between a stationary elliptical trainer and a bicycle, and it looks like a ton of fun.&n ...