If you want to know how to repair Invicta watches, you are probably seeking help with simple repairs. Invicta watches are moderately-priced Swiss watches of exceptional design. Fixing the electronic or mechanical parts of a broken Invicta watch is best left to a professional watchmaker. But replacing batteries, removing scratches and resizing watch bands are relatively easy tasks for anyone to accomplish. Here are some tips to help you make a few simple repairs to your own Invicta watch.
To repair an Invicta watch, you will need:
- Screwdrivers (jeweler's and watchmaker's)
- A slotted tool (jeweler's and watchmaker's)
- A pair of tweezers
- A rubber case seal
- A watch battery
- Masking tape
- Diamond paste
- A polishing cloth
- A push pin, or pin removal tool
- Replace your Invicta watch battery. To replace the battery in your Invicta watch, lay the watch face down. Inspect the caseback to determine how it is fastened. Use a precision screwdriver or slotted tool to remove the screws. Remove the caseback and rubber seal. Use a pair of tweezers to remove the battery from its holder. Insert a new battery, and replace the rubber seal with a new one. Replace the caseback and set the time.
- Repair a scratched crystal. It’s easy to repair a scratched crystal on your Invicta watch. Use masking tape to mask the watch case. Place a small dot of diamond paste on the exposed crystal (the glass that covers the dial). With a soft polishing cloth, rub the paste onto the crystal for ten minutes. Use a less abrasive grade of paste to continue polishing until the scratches are gone. Wipe away the excess paste, and polish your watch with a clean cloth.
- Resize an Invicta watch band. Most Invicta wrist watches have bracelet bands, and you can adjust a band by removing links. After you determine a comfortable length, use a push pin (or a pin removal tool) to remove a link or the metal pin that holds the clasp. The inside of your watch band has arrows that show which links can be removed, as well as the direction to push the pins. Remove the number of links necessary for a comfortable fit. Insert the metal pin to replace the clasp, or insert the pins that connect the links to reattach the band.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?