A lot of people know how to play the piano, but not a lot know how to repair piano hammers. This is unfortunate because a poorly kept piano isn’t something that you want to play, let alone listen to. For this reason, you will want to learn to repair piano hammers properly.
To repair piano hammers you will need:
- 1 C clamp
- Steel wire (not piano string)
- A 1/16-inch drill bit
- Piano felt
- A new hammer
- A drill
- Some glue
- Remove the piano’s bridal strap so that you can see the hammers. Unscrew the broken piano hammers and carefully remove them from your piano. If the felt falls off, carefully remove it from the bottom of your piano.
- Place a thin layer of glue on the piano hammers where the felt goes. Put a tight clamp around each of these piano hammers to secure the felt and the piano hammers together. Allow the piano hammers to sit for ten minutes so that the glue can dry.
- Drill two holes into the felt. These holes will need to be 3/8 inch from the back of the felt and go vertically through both the piano hammers and the felt.
- Feed the wire through the holes. Both ends of the wire should be sticking out of the back of your piano hammers while the remainder of the wire pulls snuggly against the felt.
- Twist the wire’s tails together. This will ensure that they are pulling tight against the piano hammers. Make sure that the wire is as tight as possible. It is acting like a staple.
- Cut off the excess wire. Leave one inch hanging down from the back of the piano hammers. Fold the rest of the wire so that it will lie flat against the piano hammers and be out of the way.
- Slide the piano hammers back into the piano. Tighten the screw back into place. Put the bridle back on and give the piano hammers a few strokes to ensure that it will stay in place while you are playing the piano.
As you can see, it really is quite easy to repair piano hammers. You don’t need a lot of supplies. You simply need a few minutes of your time to make your piano like new again.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …