Most damaged sterling silver jewelry can be repaired easily with the right tools and supplies while other pieces which are damaged extensively may need to be placed into the hands of a professional, especially if you have never soldered metals or perhaps you just don't know how to repair silver jewelry. If not, below you will discover the easiest ways how to repair silver jewelry.
Things you'll need:
- O-ring replacement (if needed)
- Long needle nose pliers
- Some necklaces that break only break due to a snagged O-ring. O-rings are tiny, round silver pieces that link the jewelry piece together. If you notice that your necklace has been broken due to an O-ring falling off or being snagged, you can attempt to find the missing O-ring or you can simply buy a new one. O-rings are found in craft stores and are usually sold for three dollars a bag. For sterling silver O-rings, the price is a little more expensive but not by much. You will need a thin pair of long needle nose pliers in order to stretch the O-ring open enough to slip it back into place. Once you have the O-ring in place, delicately clamp it shut.
- Bent rings can be repaired by using a pair of needle nose pliers to slowly work your way around the ring and bend the damaged area back into a round shape.
- Chain link silver pieces can also be repaired by using O-rings to reconnect the chain back together again or attempting to re-link the chain link by trying to open one of the links to reconnect them. Simply re-clamp the chain link to get it to stay put.
- Some pieces of jewelry are tougher to repair. If you do not have knowledge on how to solder silver, it is best to leave the job to the professionals.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.