Learn how to repair a sluggish liver and transform a poorly-functioning body into a thriving one. Liver health is essential for health and well-being. This organ is needed to eliminate toxins, break down fats, and process food into energy. A sluggish liver can result in fatigue, digestive issues, and trouble losing weight in the short-term. In the long-term, it can cause premature aging and chronic illness. Unfortunately, everything from a couple beers to a juicy steak can slow down this organ. Taking steps to repair and strengthen the liver can prevent a host of serious problems.
- Minimize fatty foods. Red meat, rich dairy products, and processed foods all contribute to a sluggish liver. They are rich in saturated fats, which are difficult to break down.
- Eat omega fatty acids. Unsaturated fats are oily and slippery in nature. They help to repair a sluggish liver by making the more solid saturated fatty acids easier to process and eliminate. Avocados, olive oil, fish, and nuts are all excellent liver-friendly foods.
- Eat your veggies! Especially cleansing vegetables such as cucumbers, beets, and parsley will work wonders for repairing a sluggish liver.
- Exercise. Its simple, but effective. A little physical activity every day will improve circulation, supplying a sluggish liver with nutrient-rich blood which it needs for repair.
- Lay of the booze. Alcohol is a major enemy of this vital organ. Stop drinking to give your liver a chance to repair itself.
Knowing how to repair a sluggish liver is important, especially as you age. Toxins build-up in the body and unhealthy habits take their toll. Give this hard-working organ a little rest and relaxation so it can function well for another seven or eight decades.
Balch, Phyllis, CNC. Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 4th Edition. The Penguin Group, 2006.
Page, Linda. Healthy Healing: A Guide to Self-Healing for Everyone. Traditional Wisdom, 2003.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
9 Rappers With “Young” In Their Names Who Aren’t So Young An...
They get older, their monikers stay the same age.