By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn how to repair tear in leather jacket at home. Leather jackets aren't cheap, so if you get a tear in yours, you can save it with a few easy tips. Your jacket will be back in use in no time!
- Fabric scrap
- Scotch tape
- Scissors/sharp knife
- Fabric glue
- Locate the tear in the leather jacket. Once you have found it, use your fingers and a small, clean toothpick to put the edges of the tear back in their original position. Secure the leather with a piece of scotch tape. Placing the tape on your hand first to remove some of the stickiness will prevent further damage to the leather jacket.
- Turn the jacket inside out, paying attention to where the tear is located. If there is a factory seam opening close the to tear, open the lining at this point. If there is no pre-existing seam, use a small scissors or sharp knife to cut a small opening into the fabric at the spot of the tear.
- Apply a layer of fabric glue to a small scrap of fabric in the same color of the leather. Glue the fabric to the leather, and hold for a minute or so. Once the glue has set, turn the coat right side out again.
- Carefully remove the tape from the leather. Put a drop of the same fabric glue used earlier onto the outside of the tear, and carefully open the tear using a tweezers of toothpick. Spread the glue between the edges of the tear, and press the leather back onto the piece of fabric. Wipe off any remaining glue, and allow to set.
- Re-stitch the hole created in the lining. Don't worry if it doesn't look perfect–only you will even know it's there.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…