How To Repair Tip On Dress Boots
By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn how to repair the tip on dress boots. The tip of boots often becomes scuffed, and can be costly to repair. Next time, instead of taking your boots into a shoe repair store, why not fix them yourself at home? They'll be looking great in no time. Just don't tell your friends your secret--or they'll ask you to fix their boots, too!
- Clean, dry cloth
- Leather conditioning cream
- Color-specific shoe polish
- Evaluate the boots, and determine what repairs need to be made. While most repairs are cosmetic and can be done at home, if the sole or material of the boot has been completely torn the boots may need to be taken to a professional shoe repair store.
- Examine the boots, and determine what material they are made out of. Repairs vary quite a bit depending on the material being used, so it is essential to understand what you are working with before you begin.
- Put a large dollop of leather conditioning cream into a clean, dray cloth. Massage the cream into the boot, paying extra attention to the damaged tip and front part of the boot. Moisturizing the leather helps in the prevention of new cracks and scratches from developing. If scratches are still evident after this process, apply a color-specific polish to the boots.
Repeat step 3 as necessary. Repairing boots may be necessary during the colder winter months, especially if you live in an area prone to snowfall.