Every Nintendo owner should know how to repair a Wii black screen. Whether it's a bad cable or simply a wrong connection, several things can cause your screen to appear black when you turn on the Nintendo Wii. If the power light is on but nothing shows up or only a black screen with no text appears, try out a few easy fixes before paying to have your Nintendo Wii repaired.
To fix a Wii black screen, you will need:
- Extra cables
- Turn off your Nintedo Wii and unplug it. Completely remove all cables from the power outlet, the TV, and the back of the Nitnendo Wii. If the Wii console feels hot to the touch, wait for it to cool down before proceeding.
- Replug in the Nintendo Wii cables. Check that the appropriate colored cables are in the matching colored ports on your TV. Plugging cables into the wrong spots can cause black screen because the TV is not receiving video signals from the Nintendo Wii. Check that there are no breaks in the wires and that each cable fits securely into the back of the Wii and the TV or power outlet you're plugging it into. Try using a friend's cables, that you know work, to see if the Wii black screen problem is being caused your cables and not the Wii console .
- Turn the Nintendo Wii on and insert a game disc. Turn the sound up to see if the problem is only with the picture or also with the audio.
- Download the latest Nintendo Wii update. Save it onto an SD card and plug the SD card into your Nintendo Wii using an SD card adapter. If you still see a black screen, this step will not work. If the game will not play but you are able to access your SD card, open and install the new Wii update. Updates are available from Nintendo.com under the Nintendo Wii section.
- Visit Nintendo's "Support" section of Nintendo.com if you still see only a black screen when the Wii is turned on. This section will help you find a certified Nintendo Wii repair technician who can find and fix the problem for you.
A common cause of a black screen on a Nintendo Wii, aside from a poor connection or broken part, comes from a corrupted file. If you've downloaded any files or updates to the Nintendo Wii and the black screen only appeared after installing them, your Wii may be bricked. You'll need to unbrick the Wii by removing the offensive files before it will work again.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
What Makes Men Attractive to Women
What women want—confidence, a sense of humor and abs.