Knowing how to replace 2000 Land Rover water pump is a fairly straight forward job. The only difficulty most people encounter is removing the fan pulley as this can be rusted on, especially if the water pump is leaking.
- Ratchet Set
- First of all, buy the correct water pump for your vehicle. Disconnect the negative battery lead and drain the radiator, when the vehicle is cold. Retain the coolant.
- Remove the fan shroud and the fan belt. If the AC is fitted, you will have to remove the AC pipe which is attached to the shroud.
- Lock the crankshaft in place, then remove the fan. Use penetrating fluid on the bolts and take your time; be careful not to round off the nuts or break one.
- Loosen and remove the water pump bolts that attach it to the engine block. Scrap off the gasket sealant from the engine block. Dry the surface and fit the new water pump, using instant gasket sealant. Screw the new water pump onto the engine block, but not very tight. Torque up the bolts using a torque wrench to 15 lbs-ft.
- Attach the fan to the fan pulley. Lock the crankshaft again to tighten it up. Put a new fan belt on, and refill the radiator with coolant.
- Reconnect the negative battery lead and start the engine with the radiator cap off. Wait until the engine comes up to temperature and let the fan kick in twice, over a 20 minute period. Refit the radiator cap and take the car for a test drive to check for any further overheating.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …