Knowing how to replace 2000 Land Rover water pump is a fairly straight forward job. The only difficulty most people encounter is removing the fan pulley as this can be rusted on, especially if the water pump is leaking.
- Ratchet Set
- First of all, buy the correct water pump for your vehicle. Disconnect the negative battery lead and drain the radiator, when the vehicle is cold. Retain the coolant.
- Remove the fan shroud and the fan belt. If the AC is fitted, you will have to remove the AC pipe which is attached to the shroud.
- Lock the crankshaft in place, then remove the fan. Use penetrating fluid on the bolts and take your time; be careful not to round off the nuts or break one.
- Loosen and remove the water pump bolts that attach it to the engine block. Scrap off the gasket sealant from the engine block. Dry the surface and fit the new water pump, using instant gasket sealant. Screw the new water pump onto the engine block, but not very tight. Torque up the bolts using a torque wrench to 15 lbs-ft.
- Attach the fan to the fan pulley. Lock the crankshaft again to tighten it up. Put a new fan belt on, and refill the radiator with coolant.
- Reconnect the negative battery lead and start the engine with the radiator cap off. Wait until the engine comes up to temperature and let the fan kick in twice, over a 20 minute period. Refit the radiator cap and take the car for a test drive to check for any further overheating.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.