Here are tips on how to replace 2004 Volkswagen Jetta Slave. If your clutch pedal is becoming very soft or is staying on the floor when you drive, it may be that the clutch slave cylinder seals have split or perished. A clutch slave cylinder is a cylinder which has a rod in the middle of it. When the rod moves (i.e., when the clutch pedal is depressed), it forces the hydraulic fluid which in turn pushes the 'fingers' onto the clutch pressure plate. If the seal around the rod is damaged, then the fluid will leak out and pressure will be lost, hence the need for a replacement.
- Floor jack
- 3/8” drive socket and socket set
- Axle stands
- Fresh brake fluid
- Wire cutters
- Assorted spanners
- Secure the handbrake, loosen the front wheel lug nuts a few turns, and jack up the car. Fit the car onto axle stands and make sure everything is stable.
- Remove the clutch slave cylinder's hydraulic line using a wrench. Catch any fluid which comes out in a plastic container. You can then remove the two bolts holding the slave cylinder upright.
- Check the fluid lines for any damage such as fraying or splits. Fit the new clutch slave cylinder. The new cylinder will come with a rubber band which should not be moved. Tighten up the bolts and reattach the hydraulic line. Do not over-tighten the line but make sure it will not leak.
- Locate the master cylinder, remove the cap and fill it with brake fluid. Bleed the system to get rid of any air bubbles by having a helper press the clutch pedal down. Loosen the bleed valve and then have the pedal pumped a few times. Tighten the bleed valve and check the fluid level. Top it up if necessary. Check the clutch action and if it feels soft or out of sync, then repeat the bleeding process until the pedal feels right.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.