If you know how to replace the air filter on a Honda CRV 2004, you can save yourself anywhere from twenty to thirty bucks. When you get an oil change, a technician may tell you your air filter is dirty. Smile, nod and tell him you will check it out later. This is a very easy, straightforward job that will take you less than fifteen minutes to complete. Air filters should be replaced once a year or every fifteen thousand miles.
To replace the air filter on a Honda CRV 2004, you will need:
- A new air filter (just tell the nice guy at the auto parts store that you drive a Honda CRV)
- A Phillips screwdriver
- A socket wrench
- Purchase a new filter for your Honda CRV. Before you start to replace the air filter on your 2004 Honda CRV, you should have a new one ready. Even if you do not need it now, you will need one in the future, so feel free to pick one up when they are on sale. It should be noted, however, that you can drive your car short distances without an air filter if you have to.
- Open up your hood to access the air filter. Look in your manual to see exactly where your air filter is. To the right of the engine is a box about the same size as a loaf of bread. The air filter is inside. Take the screwdriver and open the clamps with it so you can remove the hose. Use the socket wrench to loosen the bolts and then carefully pull out the air box. Memorize how the filter is positioned and take it out.
- Inspect your Honda CRV's old filter. To see if the mechanic was messing with you, take the filter and inspect it. If you see a lot of dust, then replace it. Another scientific test is to hold it up to the sun; if you cannot see any light, it is super clogged.
- Replace the air filter if needed. Go ahead and replace the filter with the new one. Now screw the bolts back in, reattach the hose and close the clamps. Voila. Now use the money you saved to buy beer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.