Do you need to learn how to replace the alternator in a 1997 Infiniti J30? If so, then you may be a person trying to save money on your car. It is logical to do something as simple as change an alternator on a 1997 Infiniti J30. All it takes is a little time and effort and you would replace your alternator in no time! Follow these steps to begin replacing the alternator:
Things you will need:
- Wrench set
- New alternator
- Remove negative batter cable. The negative battery cable should be removed anytime you may be servicing on your vehicle. Especially the alternator. This will prevent any sparks from the positive battery cable.
- Remove all hoses and drive belts securing alternator. In order to get to the alternator on a 1997 Infiniti J30. Use your pliers to loosen the hose clamps. Anything covering the alternator should be removed. Especially, the alternator belt that is attached to the alternator.
- Remove plugs from alternator. Their should be two plugs on the alternator. It should be the charging cable and the positive battery cable. Remove the positive battery cable using a wrench. The charging cable should come off easily by squeezing the right and left side while pulling it off.
- Remove bolts securing alternator on the 1997 Infiniti J30. There should be at least three bolts holding the alternator in place. Remove all bolts and remove the alternator.
- Replace alternator. Place the new alternator in the 1997 Infiniti J30 engine. Bolt it down securely with the same amount of bolts that were securing the old alternator. All bolts should be tight and secure.
- Replace all parts. Replace the positive battery plug onto the new alternator and charging cable. Replace all hoses and the alternator belt. Replace negative battery cable and let engine run for testing.