Wondering how to replace the button on an iPod Touch? If the home button to your iPod Touch isn't working and you hear an unusual sound when clicking, you will need to replace the button with a new one. Follow these steps to replace the button to your iPod Touch.
The items you will need:
- Philips screwdriver
- Case opener tool
- Pry tool
- Heat gun or hair dryer
- New iPod touch button
- Turn off your iPod touch. There are two screws at the bottom of the iPod Touch that needs to be removed. Use a Philips screwdriver to undo them.
- Use can use a case opener tool to pry open the front case or place a suction cup near the button. Hold the front case at a 90 degree angle. There are three ribbon cables you need to remove. Use the plastic prying tool to do so. Set the back case with the motherboard and battery aside. You will need to focus on the front case.
- There are six screws you will need to remove on the metal frame. Remove the screws with a Philip screwdriver. Use the pry tool to lift up the metal frame. Start on the sides of the frame. You may need to use little force because of the adhesive tape.
- Use a heat gun or a hair dryer to loosen the adhesive tape that connects the glass screen to the plastic back cover of the home button. Be careful to not melt anything. Stay away from the proximity sensor cables at the top of your iPod Touch. Focus the heat at a angle where it hits the glass and the double sided tape that houses the home button. Do this for 30 seconds and flip the front case over and do it again for another 30 seconds.
- Slightly lift up the plastic back where the home button is located. You don't need to peel off the whole plastic back. Heat up the adhesive tape that is holding the home button into place.
- The button will come off. Replace it with a new button. Heat the adhesive tape again and wait for the tape to stick and hold the button into place. If it doesn't work you may need to get double sided tape or glue it back together. Place the plastic back and reassemble the iPod Touch.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.