When you know how to replace the EGR valve in the Land Rover Discovery you will feel better about caring for your car. It’s quite easy to replace the exhaust gas recirculator (EGR) valve of the Land Rover Discovery and you need not be an expert in automobiles to get this job done perfectly, though you should have some basic idea on things present under the hood of your Land Rover Discovery.
Things You'll Need to Replace EGR Valve In Land Rover Discovery:
- A socket set
- A wrench
- A screwdriver preferably Phillips
- A gasket scraper
- Carburetor cleaner
- Long wood screw or a small drill bit
- Putty knife
- Begin by disconnecting the battery of your Land Rover Discovery. Find out the location of the EGR valve. Check the user manual of your car for the exact location.
- Using a screwdriver, remove the vacuum and air supply hose along with all the electrical connections of the Land Rover Discovery.
- Using the socket wrench, take off the EGR mounting bolts of the Land Rover Discovery.
- Using a wide-mouthed wrench, remove the EGR valve from its tube.
- Inspect the EGR valve closely. In case it has holes, it certainly requires to be replaced immediately, no matter how small the holes. In case you don’t notice any holes, clean it by spraying some carburetor cleaner inside the valve. Keep it aside for a while. Using putty knife, gasket scraper, and long wood screw or small drill bit, scrape off the grease or grime built up inside the valve.
- Take a brand new gasket and install it in the Land Rover Discovery EGR to be replaced. Connect all the hoses back to their respective locations along with appropriate bolts and wiring.
- Connect the battery of your Land Rover Discovery and take for a test drive.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.