- How Does Sequential Fuel Injection Work?
- How To Install A Sunroof In A Honda Civic
- How To Take Off Electronic Fuel Injection
- How To Change Brakes On 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- How To Remove Porsche 914 Gas Tank
- How To Change Brake Rotors On A 2005 Honda Accord
- How To Adjust Alignment For Series Land Rover
How To Replace Fog Light Bulb 2003 Pontiac Montana
The fog light has gone out on your car and you need to know how to replace a fog light bulb on a 2003 Pontiac Montana. Fog lights are low beam lights in the front of your vehicle. They can be used to give you enough light at night to see the road ahead of you without blinding other drivers. Over time your fog lights will go out and need to be replaced. You can save money and time by replacing them yourself. Replacing a fog light bulb on a 2003 Pontiac Montana is an easy task that can be done in a short amount of time.
To replace a fog light bulb on a 2003 Pontiac Montana you need:
- a new fog light
- Philips screwdriver
- wrench set
- Unhook the battery. Go under the hood on your 2003 Pontiac Montana and disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery terminal. Set the cable aside to make sure that cable does not touch the battery terminal.
- Remove the screws from the fender. Locate the retaining screws on front of the fender. Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the screws on the fender. You should now be able to access the fog lamp.
- Release the wiring connector from the bulb. Pull the fog light out from the back of the housing by turning its socket counter-clockwise about 1/4 of a turn. Now pull out the back of the housing. To release the wiring harness connector from the bulb lift and pull the locking tab off from the back of the bulb. Then remove the old light bulb.
- Replace the new fog light bulb. Take the wiring harness connector and hook it up to the back of the new bulb. You will know that it is pushed in all the way when the locking tab engages. Install the new bulb into the fog light housing. To lock the new fog light into place on you 2003 Pontiac Montana turn it clockwise 1/4 of a turn.
- Put everything back into place. Re-install the retaining screws to hold the fender back into place. Reconnect the negative battery cable back up to the battery terminal underneath the hood of your 2003 Pontiac Montana. Make sure everything is tightly and securely back in its place.
Posted on: Aug. 26, 2010