Wondering how to replace fork seals on a motorcycle? The fork seals are a very important part of a motorcycle that keeps it running correctly. The seals hold the oil inside its chambers, allowing the suspension to work properly. Without these seals, no motorcycle will run, so it’s very important to keep these seals in good shape.
Things you'll need:
- Crescent wrench
- Flathead screwdriver
- Oil pan
- New fork seals
- Use a crescent wrench to loosen the lug bolts, removing the front tire. This will allow you access to the forks.
- Slide the forks out of their slots, loosening the clamping bolts where the frame is connected to the forks.
- Using the oil pan, place the forks bottom down. After loosing the drain bolts, allow the oil to drain out of the forks for five to ten minutes.
- Tighten the drain bolts back. Pry off the seals using a flathead screwdriver, sliding them off the forks.
- The inner ring of the new seals should be coated with fork oil and should slide easily onto the forks. Press them into their slots, making sure they are secure,
- Double check the motorcycle owner's manual to find the amount of fork oil needed to fill the forks. Remove cap and do so, then replace cap.
- Replace and tighten forks, and put the front tire back on. Make sure all the lug bolts are tight and the brake pad slides into the slot correctly.
This is a minor, quick and easy precaution to take to ensure your safety.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.