Learn how to replace front door speakers on '05 Silverado. Replacing the speakers on your truck is a task that you can easily complete yourself with a few tools. Although you do have to remove the entire door panel, replacing speakers looks more intimidating that it really is. This can save you a good deal of money that could otherwise fund a top of the line set of door speakers for your 2005 Silverado. Follow these steps to replace the front door speakers on your truck.
To replace the front door speakers on a '05 Silverado, you will need:
- Flathead screwdriver
- Front door speakers
Park your Silverado and open both front doors. Locate the triangle plastic piece in the top corner of the door panel.
- Pry the plastic triangle off using a flathead screwdriver. Start at one corner and work your way around until you can remove the plastic piece.
Remove the unlock slider. Pry it out in the same fashion that you pried out the plastic triangle.
- Pry off the plastic cover around the door handle. Remove the plastic cover and set it aside.
- Look beneath the door panel and locate the Phillips screw. Remove the screw with a Phillips screwdriver.
Remove the screws in the automatic window control switch. Remove the switch and unplug the connector cable harness.
- Remove the screw behind the automatic window control switch with a wrench and hidden behind the door handle. Use a flashlight to help you find the screws.
Remove the door panel. Lift up and pull it off.
- Locate the door speaker assembly and remove it by depressing the clip at the top and pulling it out. Unplug the speaker connections behind the speaker by loosing the screws and pulling the wires off.
- Remove the old speaker from the buffle by removing the screws. Discard the old speakers.
- Connect new speakers made to fit your '05 Chevy Silverado to the buffle. Connect the speaker wiring to the new speaker by tightening the screws around the speaker wires.
- Reassemble the door by following the removal instructions in reverse. Test your new speakers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Movies You Must See in 2014
The cinematic calendar promises sex addicts, sexy vampires, sexy co-eds, Sundance splashes and artfully concocted big-budget fare.
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.