Need to know how to replace the fuel filter for a 2000 Lexus LS400? The good news is the fuel filter is not in the fuel tank. The fuel filter on the Lexus LS400 is easily accessible. Replacing the fuel filter is a simple job you can do yourself in your own garage.
To replace the fuel filter for a 2000 Lexus LS400, you will need:
- A new fuel filter
- A bucket
- Leather work gloves
- A floor jack
- Jack stands
- A socket set
- Box wrenches
- Go to an auto parts store and buy a new fuel filter for your 2000 Lexus LS400. Drive your car home and park it in your driveway or garage. Let the car cool down.
- Unlock your gas cap and remove the gas cap from your car. Jack your car up with the floor jack and place jack stands under each of the two front tires.
- You need to remove the splashguard from under the front portion of your car. You will do this with a socket and a socket wrench. There are many screws holding the splashguard onto your 2000 Lexus LS400. Take the screws and put them in a safe place. Set the splashguard aside.
- There are two nuts holding the fuel filter bracket onto your Lexus LS400. Remove these two nuts. Put the bucket under your car to catch the fuel. Take two box wrenches and loosen the connections on the fuel filter. Take the connections off both sides of the fuel filter, then remove the fuel filter. Fuel will come out of the fuel line from your car. Let it leak into the bucket. Make sure you get the bucket directly under the leak. You can find a way to slow the fuel leak down if you want. Fuel is expensive, and the fumes can make you lightheaded.
- Dump any remaining fuel from the fuel filter into the bucket and set it to the side. Take your new fuel filter and install it. You install the fuel filter the same way you took off the old fuel filter. Use the box wrenches to tighten both sides of the fuel filter.
- Your fuel filter on your 2000 Lexus LS400 is now changed. Reinstall the splashguard on your car with the screws you set safely aside. Put the bucket of fuel to the side. Dispose of the old fuel properly. It most likely has dirt or grime in it and is not good to reuse in your automobile.
- Jack your car up, remove the jack stands and jack your car back down. Replace the gas cap on your car. Run the engine of your car and make sure there are no fuel leaks. Drive your 2000 Lexus LS400 normally. Your car should drive smoothly. Check for any leaks for a week following your fuel filter change.