Ever want to know how to replace a fuel filter in a car? Replacing a fuel filter does not require a mechanic license. Instead, all that is required to replace fuel filter is a little patience.
Things You Will Need:
- Drive up ramp
- Wrench set
- Screwdriver set
- Car jack
- Safety glasses
- Wear safety glasses any time you work with dangerous chemicals. To replace fuel filter you will be handling gasoline which can harm eyes or internal organs if ingested.
Use the drive up ramps or jack to elevate the vehicle.
- Consult the Users or Repair manual to find the location of the fuel filter. Depending on the make and model of the vehicle, the location of the fuel filter will be different.
- Remove any protective covering from the filter. Usually a fuel filter will have plastic covering which can be easily removed.
- Disconnect the fuel filter from the fuel lines. A special tool may be required for this, or it may simply be clamped on.
- Cover the openings in the fuel line with something, a pencil works for this. Be sure no fuel is leaking out of the fuel line.
- Make a note of the fuel filter orientation when removing from the assembly. The new fuel filter will need to be installed with the same orientation.
- Install the new fuel filter. Make sure the fuel arrow is oriented toward the engine.
Make sure the new filter is secure and properly installed. An improperly installed fuel filter is dangerous and can cause engine failure. Use precautions when elevating the vehicle.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.