Your car's fuel injector has gotten dirty and you need to know how to replace fuel injectors. A dirty, clogged, or faulty fuel injector can lead to bad performance of your car, as well as fuel leaks. Regular wear and tear of your car can lead to a rough ride and your fuel injector needing to be replaced. You can save plenty of money and time by doing your own replacement. If you are somewhat comfortable with cars, then replacing your fuel injectors can be done with the right tools and by following some general steps.
To replace your fuel injectors you need:
- new fuel injectors
- wrench set
- socket set
- engine oil
- Depressurize the fuel system car engine. First remove the car's engine fuel pump fuse. Refer to your car's manual if you need assistance doing this. This will cause for the engine to stall and shut off because there will be no fuel pressure on the car's engine. To depressurize the car's fuel system start the engine and let it run until the car stalls and shuts off.
- Disconnect the car battery. Remove the negative, black battery cable from the battery terminal. This will eliminate any chances of shock or injury.
- Remove anything surrounding the car injector rail. Carefully remove the air cleaner assembly by removing the air box and then the intake tubing. Also, remove the fuel line and any additional hoses, wires and mounts that blocking the car injector railing. You need direct access to the car injector.
- Remove the injecting rail. Locate and remove all the bolts that hold the injecting rail into place. Once your remove the bolts you can now pull out the injecting rail. This will allow you to get to the fuel injectors.
- Remove the fuel injectors. There are screws that attach the fuel injectors to the fuel rail. Loosing these screws will allow you to remove the fuel injectors from the rail completely.
- Install the new fuel injector. Wipe away any access debris, grease or dirt around the area. Soak the O-rings and seal of the new fuel injector with a little engine oil. Install the new fuel injector by attaching it to the fuel rail on your vehicle tightly and secure.
- Replace any components that were removed. Replace the air cleaner and assembly and carefully connect all hoses and wires that you removed. Reattach the fuel rail and the fuel line back in place. Reconnect the negative cable to the car battery and carefully replace the fuel pump fuse in the fuse box. Start up the engine and let it run for a while to make sure that everything is working properly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.