- How To Replace Ignition Cylinder Mazda MX-6
- How To Change CV Joints On 1996 Honda Civic
- How To Change The Fuel Filter On A Lexus Sc400
- How To Remove Fuel Pump Cut Off Relay Honda
- How To Start A Car After New Carburetor
- How To Replace Serpentine Belt On Honda Accord EX
- How To Install Timing Belt On A 1993 Audi 100
How To Replace The Fuel Pump 93 Mazda Mx3
Learning how to replace the fuel pump on your 93 Mazda MX3 can help you save both time and money. Replacing the fuel pump is a relatively simple affair that you can do yourself, without having to pay a mechanic to do the job. It is best to replace your fuel pump with an OEM unit that matches with your old pump as closely as possible.
What you’ll need:
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Ratchet set
- Locate the fuel pump. The fuel pump is located under the rear seat. The seat is held down by clips on the left and right of the seat near the floor boards. In order to access the fuel pump, you will have to remove the rear seat and an access panel that is held in place by four screws.
- Remove the fuel pump. Remove the access panel. The fuel pump itself is held down by several small screws located around the top of the pump. Remove these screws, and then pull the fuel pump out of the fuel tank.
- Install the new unit. Disconnect the wire harness from the old unit and attach it to the new unit. Then set the unit into the fuel tank. Reattach the screws to the top of the new unit and then replace the access panel and rear seat.
- Test the new unit. Turn the key to the ON position and listen for the fuel pump. If the pump is making a faint whine, it is working. If not, check the fuses and relays for the fuel pump.
Posted on: Oct. 10, 2010