Learn how to replace ignition switch 2001 Porsche Boxster using this article. The ignition switch controls the starter, allowing you to start the vehicle using the key while supplying power to many of the vehicles accessories and electronics. A bad ignition switch may cause electrical shorts, a crackling sound when trying to start the engine, or ultimately, a drained battery. You can replace the ignition switch on your 2001 Boxster by following these steps.
To replace the ignition switch on your 2001 Porsche Boxster, you will need:
- Flathead screwdriver
- New ignition switch for 2001 Porsche Boxster
- Locate the compartment cover below the steering column on the driver's side. Remove the compartment cover by simply pulling it off–it does not attach with any bolts or screws.
- Locate the ignition switch beneath the dash. Unplug the electrical wiring harness from the ignition switch.
Loosen the two flathead screws securing the ignition switch. Use a flathead screwdriver for this.
- Remove the ignition switch from the car. Discard it.
- Insert the new ignition switch and secure it using the two screws you removed earlier. Reattach the wiring harness to the ignition switch of your 2001 Porsche Boxster.
- Replace the compartment cover below the steering column. Note that you might have to work the cover into its slot.
- Start the Porsche and verify that the ignition switch solved the problem. Note that if your Porsche continues to display odd signs, there may be a problem with another electrical component.
If you are having trouble accessing the ignition switch under the steering column, remove the front driver's side seat.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.