Learn how to replace the instrument panel bulb in the ’98 Ford Escort to save money. There are various instruments that are placed on the panel of the 1998 Ford Escort. There is a connecting harness that provides the required signals to the gauges. They light up during the night when the headlights are turned on. The lights allow the gauges to be read. It makes the symbols, numbers and needles visible to the driver. When the bulbs get old and stop functioning properly it is very difficult to keep track of the gauges at night. It does not take too much time or effort to replace these bulbs.
Materials needed to replace instrument panel bulb in '98 Ford Escort:
- Screwdriver (Phillips)
- Bulbs for the instrument panel
- Find the screws that secure the panel close to the steering wheel. Unscrew them using a Phillips screwdriver.
- Pull out the instrument panel after you take out the screws. This will allow you to access the panel.
- Use the screwdriver to unscrew the screws of the instrument panel on the ’98 Ford Escort. The moment the screws are taken out, the panel is accessible.
- Take the panel out so that the rear of the instrument panel is also visible. Make sure you don’t take it out completely as wires are attached to it.
- Find the wires connected to the instrument panel bulb. All of them will have 2 strands attached to the socket.
- Turn the socket anti clockwise to take it out. Now you will be able to see the bulb.
- Take out the bulb from the socket using your fingers. Fit in a new bulb.
- Put the socket again at rear of the instrument panel. Replace the damaged instrument panel bulbs on the ’98 Ford Escort.
- Place the panel back where it was on the ’98 Ford Escort. Secure the screws using the screwdriver.
- Connect the trim panels at their respective locations on the ’98 Ford Escort. Secure it properly with its screws.
- Switch on the lights to verify that the lights are functioning properly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.