How To Replace Internet Explorer With Google Chrome Browser
Try a new browsing environment by learning how to replace Internet Explorer with Google Chrome. Google Chrome web browser offers enhanced security, quick load times and user-friendly navigation. Follow these easy steps to upgrade to this new browser.
To replace Internet Explorer with Google Chrome browser, you’ll need:
- An internet connection
- Internet Explorer browser
- Visit the Google Chrome website.
- Click “Download Google Chrome” on the right. You will be directed to the Terms of Service page. Select “Accept and Install,” and the Google Chrome Installer will begin. The download may take a few minutes. When it is complete, a welcome window will open.
- Ensure that you have checked the box next to “Make Google Chrome the default browser.” You may be prompted to close all of your open Internet Explorer browser windows in order to launch Chrome. Once you have closed these windows, Google Chrome will import your internet settings. If Google Chrome does not launch automatically, open it by double clicking on the new icon on your desktop, or locate it in your Start menu.
- Click the wrench icon in the upper right corner of your Chrome browser to open a drop down menu. This is the settings menu.
- Choose “Options.” In the bottom section of this window, double check that the button that says “Make Google Chrome my default browser,” is checked. This will ensure Google Chrome will replace Internet Explorer as your preferred internet browsing tool.
If you’re having second thoughts, or are dissatisfied with Google Chrome as your default browser, switching back is just as simple. Launch Internet Explorer. From the Tools menu, choose “Internet Options.” Open the “Programs” tab and, in the second section of this window, click “Make default.