If you know how to replace iPod Touch screen yourself, you will save a lot of money compared to sending it in to the manufacturer. It may seem like a hard task to follow, but by following the appropriate steps, you will be able to replace your iPod Touch screen. There are different generations of iPod Touch but all can be fixed by following these steps.
The items you will need:
- Fine flat head screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
- iPod touch screen
- Cup (to set the screws aside)
- Use a fine flat head screw driver and insert it in the crease of the iPod Touch screen. You will need to leverage it up on all sides of the touch screen. Once the clips have been released, use your hands to carefully lift the digitizer.
- The digitizer is being held in place by a ribbon. You can use your flat head screwdriver to pry open the ribbon. Set the digitizer away so you won't lose it.
- You will have to remove a small Phillip screw that is holding the iPod Touch screen into place. Lift up the foil that is on top of the LCD touch screen; you can use your nails.
- Carefully lift up the bottom of the LCD touch screen with your flat head screwdriver. The iPod touch screen is being held underneath by another ribbon.
- There will be seven screws that will need to be removed on the metal frame. Use your Phillip screwdriver to remove them all.
- You will need to remove the ribbon connector that is located above the dock port of the iPod touch screen. Use your flat head screwdriver to lift the ribbon.
- Begin to lift the metal frame using your flat head screwdriver. Set the metal frame aside and lift the iPod touch screen with your hands. Now you can replace the iPod touch screen.
- You will need to first connect the iPod Touch screen ribbon to the docking port. Place the metal frame back into place and screw it back together. Follow all the steps in reverse and turn on your iPod. The replaced touch screen should function.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.