This article explains how to replace Land Rover Discovery oxygen sensor. Replacing the Land Rover Discover's oxygen sensor can be done with minimal hassle by any do-it-yourself mechanic. The Land Rover Discovery's oxygen sensor is located on top of the exhaust pipe between the exhaust manifold and the catalytic converter. If the Land Rover Discovery has dual exhaust it will have two oxygen sensors. The Land Rover Discovery's oxygen sensors can be purchased at most auto parts stores or online and cost between twenty an thirty dollars.
Basic tools are required to do this job, they are:
- Penetrating oil
- Open end wrench
- Heavy duty jack stands
- Heavy duty hydraulic jack
- Protective eye wear
- Work mat or blanket
- Carefully Jack the Land Rover Discovery up one side at a time with the hydraulic jack and place a jack stand underneath. Remember to apply the parking brake. The space needed for working underneath the Discovery in comfort will have to be determined, adjustments of the Discovery's height may be needed.
- Run the Discovery for a few minutes and allow the exhaust pipe to get hot.
- From underneath the Discovery, spray some penetrating oil around the oxygen sensor's hex nut where the hex nut meets the exhaust pipe. Wait until the exhaust pipe cool off.
- From underneath the Discovery, place the open end wrench onto the hex nut and hold it straight. Tap the wrench counter clockwise with the hammer until the oxygen sensor comes loose.
- Remove the oxygen sensor from the exhaust pipe. Remove the electrical connector from the top of the oxygen sensor.
- Install the new oxygen sensor and jack the Discovery down. Carefully press the electrical connector all the way onto the top of the new oxygen sensor. Screw the new oxygen sensor into the exhaust pipe as far as you can by hand. Tighten the new oxygen sensor with the open end wrench, do not hammer the sensor tight. Jack the Land Rover Discovery down. Start the Land Rover Discovery and it should run perfectly.
Remember to always use safety first when working underneath any automobile.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.