How To Replace Nokia 6288 Keypad
If your Nokia 6288 keypad is not responsive your probably wondering how to replace Nokia 6288 keypad. You won't need to have any experience working with cell phones to learn how to replace Nokia 6288 keypad, although experience will make the process easier. No special tools are required to replace the 6288 keypad and the process is fairly quick.
- Small Phillips-head screw driver
- Guitar pick (or other slim object)
- Anti-static workspace or wristband (optional but recommended)
- Latex gloves (optional but recommended)
- Remove the battery. Open the back battery compartment of the phone. Remove the battery from your Nokia 6288. Any maintenance, including replacing the 6288 keypad will required the phone to be off and the battery removed.
- Remove upper bezel. Open the slider and turn the Nokia 6288 to the backside with the Nokia 6288 keypad facing down. Locate the three clips on the upper half of the slider. Using a guitar pick or other slim object, put pressure on these clips to open the upper bezel. Gently pull the bezel off and set it aside.
- Remove lower circuit board. Remove the small circuit board that is just below where the LCD is located. Using a small screw driver, push the ribbon cable upwards to free it. Set the lower circuit board aside.
- Remove the LCD screen. Gently life the LCD screen and using a small screw driver, push the ribbon cable upwards, freeing the LCD screen. Set the LCD screen aside.
- Remove the small metal. Remove a small metal clip located on the front below where the small circuit board in step three was located. Using a screwdriver gently pry upwards on the clip until it pops loose. Set it aside.
- Remove the LCD framing. Remove the plastic piece on the top of the casing. Pry under it with a small screwdriver and it will pop out-of-place.
- Remove the screws. Turn the phone over with the Nokia 6288 keypad facing down. Locate the four screws, one in each corner of the phone. Remove the screws using the small Phillips-head screwdriver. Set the screws aside, careful not to lose them.
- Pry the edges open. Using the guitar pick or another small, flat object, pry the edges of the back casing of the phone open. Work your way around the entire edge of the phone until the plastic bezel pops open. Remove the plastic piece and set it aside.
- Remove the circuit panel. Remove the circuit panel that is now visible. It is not secured by anything, set it down on your workspace. The Nokia 6288 keypad should now be visible.
- Replace the Nokia 6288 keypad. Remove the ribbon cable securing the Nokia 6288 keypad to the circuit board. Remove the old Nokia 6288 keypad and set it aside. Connect the new Nokia 6288 keypad to the ribbon cable and sit it on the circuit board.
- Reassemble the Nokia 6288. Reassemble the Nokia 6288 after replacing the Nokia 6288 keypad. First place the circuit board and keypad back into their position on the plastic backing. Replace all of the covers, bezels and screws in the reverse order that you disassembled them. Start from step nine and work backwards until you have reassembled the phone.
- It is recommended to use latex gloves when working with the replacement Nokia 6288 keypad to prevent damaging components with the oils on your hands.
- When replacing the Nokia 6288 keypad use an anti-static mat or wristband to prevent damaging components with static electricity.
- A replacement Nokia 6288 keypad can be purchased online.