Need to know how to replace parts on Blackberry Curve 8310? If your Blackberry phone has messed up due to an accident, there may be a number of problems can occur. Knowing how to repair or replace any parts will be helpful for saving money for not sending it back to the manufacturer. Follow the steps carefully to replace any broken part on your Blackberry Curve 8310.
The items you will need:
- T6 torx screwdriver
- Pry tool
- Flat head screwdriver
Replacing a trackball.
- Turn off your Blackberry Curve 8310. Take either a knife or a blunt object and stick it between the crease of the chrome circle shaped device and the phone. The chrome circle secures the trackball from moving out of place.
- Take out the defective trackball and replace it with a new one. Remember how each part was taken out because it has to be placed in the same position for it to function properly.
Replace the Blackberry Curve 8310 LCD screen.
- Turn off your Blackberry phone before you begin. Take out the SIM card and the battery.
- Use the pry tool to remove the bottom case of your Blackberry Curve. There are two clips that will need to be lifted. If the case gets stuck use your fingers to slide it open.
- Use a T6 torx screwdriver to remove two torx screws. The two screws are at the top of the Blackberry phone.
- Use the pry tool to release the clips at the sides of your Blackberry Curve 8310. Once it's loose enough you can use your fingers to remove the front cover of the phone.
- There will be four torx screws that will need to be removed. Once the screws have been removed you can remove the keypad and the trackball. If the keypad needs to be replaced because the buttons no longer work you may do so.
- Remove both side panels with your fingers. You can now take apart the back cover away from the motherboard by simply pulling the pieces away from each other. The black plastic bezel around the LCD screen will come right off.
- Use the pry tool to release the ribbon located at the top left corner of the motherboard. Take off the old LCD screen and replace it with a new one. Follow the steps in reverse to put the parts back together.
Replace the lens to your Blackberry Curve.
- You don't need any tools, but if you don't have fingernails you can use a flat head screwdriver. Insert either your nails or the flat head screwdriver inside the lens of your Blackberry Curve 8310. Be careful to not touch the LCD screen.
- The lens should be off. If you mistakenly put figure prints on the LCD screen use a micro fiber cloth to clean it off. The lens will already have adhesive tape. Align the lens and place it properly. You've now replaced a part to your Blackberry Curve 8310.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.