Learn how to replace rear speakers on 2001 VW Beetle to improve the quality of your sound system. Maybe you aren't happy with your factory sound system–factory sound systems are often lack crisp powerful sound. Or maybe you simply need to replace a blown speaker in the back of your 2001 Volkswagen Bug. Whatever the reason, you can quickly and easily replace the speakers in your 2001 VW Beetle yourself following these steps.
To replace the rear speakers on your 2001 VW Beetle, you will need:
- Flathead screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
- 2001 Volkswagen Beetle speakers
- Choose one of the rear speakers and remove the rear side panel covering the speakers. Insert a thin flat object into the speaker panel cover and pry it off. Work your way around until the entire panel breaks free of the retaining clips behind the cover. Remove the panel and set it aside.
- Remove the Phillips head screws securing the speaker. There are four screws.
Remove the speaker. Be careful, the wiring harness still connects to the speaker. Unplug the wiring harness on the back of the old speaker. Discard the old speaker.
- Connect the new speaker to the wiring harness. Ensure that you install speakers designed to fit your 2001 VW Beetle.
Install the speakers. Replace the four screws to secure the speaker.
- Place the panel over the speaker and press down along the edges. You should audibly hear the panel "snap" into place.
- Repeat the process on the other rear speaker. Switch on the VW bug and turn on the stereo to test the speakers. Enjoy the crisp clear sound of new speakers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Online Gaming
Get into FPSs and MOBAs without getting your ass kicked… too much.