How To Replace Rear Window On '95 Ford Escort
Knowing how to replace rear window on ’95 Ford Escort can save time and money. The rear window motor on 1995 Escorts are notorious for going out. You can fix this yourself by replacing the rear window. If the window gets broken or the power unit goes out, you will need to replace rear window on your ’95 Ford Escort. The process usually takes about an hour for a person with general or basic knowledge of mechanics. For others, it may take a little longer but still worth the cash savings when compared to going to a shop.
Things You Will Need to Replace the Rear Window on ’95 Ford Escort:
- Trim tool
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Packaging tape
- Socket set
- New rear window
- Take the switch bezel off the back door panel using the trim tool. Disconnect the wiring harness that is located on the bottom of the switch.
- Take the door panel screws out of the door with the Phillips head screwdriver. This is in preparation to replace there window on a ’95 Ford Escort.
- Slide the door panel upward and out to take the door panel off. Place to the side out of the way.
- Tape the window glass to the door frame using the packaging tape. This holds the glass in place while you get ready to remove it.
- Unbolt the motor from the rear door of the 1995 Ford Escort using the socket set. Take the regulator from the bottom of the glass. Remove the wiring harness from the motor and take it off the door.
- Untape the rear window glass on a ’95 Ford Escort. Hold the glass and allow it to slide downward until you feel it move out of the window channel. Slant the glass toward you and continue to remove it. If your motor has gone out, this is a good time to replace it as well.
- Place the new rear window glass on a ’95 Ford Escort in place by reversing the previous steps. Reinstall the current or new motor assembly.
- Finally, replace the rear door panel on a ’95 Ford Escort by reversing the movements used to take it off.