How To Replace Screen On An iPod Nano
How to replace the screen on an iPod Nano? If the screen to your iPod Nano is damage and needs to be fixed you can make the decision to send it back to the manufacturer or you can fix the problem yourself. Carefully follow the steps to safely replace the screen on your iPod Nano.
The items you will need:
- Case opener tool
- Micro Phillip screwdriver
- Purchase a new iPod Nano LCD screen
- Turn off your iPod Nano. Use a case opener tool and wedge it in the crease of the sides of your iPod Nano. Work your way around the sides of your iPod until it begins to loosen up and release. Use both hands to release the front and back cover exposing the circuit board and battery.
- There are three screws holding the circuit board into place. Remove the screws using a micro Phillip screwdriver. Set the micro screws aside in a safe place so you won't lose them.
- Carefully lift the circuit board it's attached to a ribbon cable. There is a black tab in back of the circuit board. Lift the tab with your finger nails or an object that can lift the tab open. The old LCD screen to your iPod Nano will be off. You can throw it away.
- Take the new LCD screen and attach the ribbon cable to the circuit board. Align the LCD screen into place and screw back the three screws you've taken out of the circuit board.
- Take the front and back cover of your iPod Nano and snap it into place. Turn on your iPod Nano and the screen will function as normal.