Do you want a better sound in your car and want to know how to replace the speakers in your 2001 Dodge Neon? Replacing speakers in your car will not just improve the sound in your car, but will help to improve the overall driving experience. When you replace your existing speakers in your Dodge Neon with good, high quality speakers your audio new stereo system will make your feel like your riding in a new car. Follow these steps to save time and money and learn how to replace the speakers in your 201 Dodge Neon.
To replace the speakers in your 2001 Dodge Neon you need:
- high-performance speaker
- Phillips screwdriver
- small flat head screwdriver
- Torx T50 driver
- panel tool
Front Door Speakers
- Pry up the edges around the door. Take the flat head screwdriver and begin to pry up the screw cover edges located in the door pull cup and behind the door release handle. Take out any additional screws that are located in the front door panel.
- Remove the door panel. First, using the panel tool pry the power switch panel upwards on the armrest. Lift the panel up and out and unplug the connectors on the back of the panel. Next, pry around the door panel edges until it is loose using the panel tool. You can now lift and remove the door panel off of the 2001 Dodge Neon door.
- Remove the screws holding the speaker in the door. Once you unscrew these screws, pull out the speaker and unplug connections for the speaker wire. Take the new speaker, then plug in the wires, and install the speaker in the opening where your removed the old speaker.
- Repeat this process to the speaker on the other door. Test the speakers to make sure they work properly on your 2001 Dodge Neon. Replace the door panels and all of the screws.
Rear Deck Speakers
- Remove the rear seat cushion. On the rear seat cushion lift up the front edge. Pull the seat cushion in a forward position towards the front end of the car, and then remove it.
- Remove the back seat out of the car. Use a Torx T50 driver to remove the Torx T50 bolts holding the base in place of the seat back. Once the bolts are removed, lift up the seat back and pull it out of your 2001 Dodge Neon.
- Remove the deck. Bow the deck upwards by pushing the ends of the rear deck inwards. This will enable you to slide the deck forward and remove it from the car.
- Use a Phillip screwdriver to unscrew the screws holding the speakers in the rear deck. Remove the deck speakers, and then unplug the connectors in the back of it. Take the new speakers and plug them into the connectors. Place the new speakers into the deck, and then screw the new speakers into place and secure them with the screws. Test the new speakers, and then carefully replace the rear deck and the removed seat back into your 2001 Dodge Neon.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.