If you want to be sure your car doesn't overheat, learn how to replace thermostat in 2000 Nissan Maxima. Having to replace the thermostat in a car is mandatory once it has failed to complete its function. Changing a thermostat on a 2000 Nissan Maxima is easy and less time consuming compared to other automotive jobs. Placing a new thermostat in your 2000 Nissan Maxima is just steps away.
- Disconnect negative battery cable and drain coolant from engine. Disconnecting the battery cable is important when tampering with your engine in any way. Disconnecting the negative battery cable would prevent sparks and damage to engine parts. It could also protect your battery. Draining coolant from the engine is mandatory as well.
- Locate upper hose and thermostat. The thermostat in a 2000 Nissan Maxima is located near the upper hose. You would follow the upper hose to the housing located in the top of the engine in a 2000 Nissan Maxima.
- Remove upper radiator hose. You would need to take a pair of pliers to loosen the clamps off of the upper hose. You would loosen the clamps from just the top of the hose to remove it from the thermostat housing. Be careful not to puncture the hose with the pliers.
- Remove thermostat housing and thermostat. The bolts on the housing cover of a Nissan Maxima are 10 mm, so adjust your wrench. Once the cover is removed, clean it of any rust or residue. Then, remove your old thermostat.
- Place new thermostat. Ensure that the new thermostat is the right one for your 2000 Nissan Maxima. Any other version will interfere with your engine's cooling system. Add gasket and place the spring part of the thermostat towards the engine.
- Reconnect thermostat housing, upper radiator hose and negative battery cable. It would be safe to reconnect the upper radiator hose first, then the negative battery cable. Make sure the upper radiator hose is secure with its clamp, and be sure not to puncture the hose at all.
- Add new coolant. You need to add an ethylene based coolant to your 2000 Nissan Maxima after replacing the thermostat. Do not use anything else or use the old coolant. New coolant should be added to the engine any time a thermostat is changed.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.