Keep using your current equipment by learning how to replace a treadmill belt. High mileage users may wear out their treadmill belt, but this is an easy and inexpensive fix. Don't run out and buy a new treadmill just because the belt broke. Manufacturers can supply the belts to many models and the replacement pack comes with all the parts you need.
To replace a treadmill belt, you will need:
- replacement belt and parts
- basic hand tools
- Unplug the treadmill. Never work on a treadmill while it is plugged in, you can have serious injury or death if it has power.
- Take the covers off the side foot rails. There may be various positions for the screws holding on the side rails but they should come off somewhat easily. If it looks like the cover isn't coming off, there may be screws or bolts in a location under some plastic which require punching through to access. If you do have to punch through the plastic rail covers the manufacturer will provide replacement plastic plugs to cover the holes.
- Take the cover off of the front motor. The motor is located at the bottom front portion of the treadmill.
- With the covers off, you are ready to remove the rollers. The rollers should lift out of position allowing the treadmill belt to slide off.
Installation is the reverse of this procedure. Install the new treadmill belt on the front and rear rollers and put them back into position.
- Install the front and side covers. Make sure you don't loose screws into the treadmill as you will have to take it all apart to get them back out.
- Adjust the treadmill belt tension. The two adjustment points on the back of the treadmill allow adjustment to keep the belt in alignment. Check your owners manual for proper adjustment information.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.